Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My jd gt235 jump starts, goes backward and forward, blade

Customer Question

my jd gt235 jump starts, goes backward and forward, blade runs but then turns off once I try to move the tractor
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: my jd gt235 jump starts, goes backward and forward, blade runs but then turns off once I try to move the tractor
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is battery good? The pto clutch has t have 12 volts to keep running. Is the charging system working? Do you have a voltmeter to test the battery voltage before cranking and while engine is running?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Seems like a battery would solve the problem. Please ACCEPT to close.