Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Gil carney I was charging my 1999 club car when the dashboard

Customer Question

Gil carney I was charging my 1999 club car when the dashboard light came on, I unplugged it from power source, light went off. Charger end was still plugged in so cart would not move unplugged that and cart runs fine, light is off. Don't know if I got a good charge and why light came on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Batteries a Trojan and two years old, cart in excellent condition. Charger doesn't charge all the way down to zero, 4 lines above it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Club Car uses OBC, onboard computer to control the charger. Try a reset of the OBC. Here is link showing the procedure.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.necon.co.za/sendfile.php?f=OBCreset.pdf
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
my response shows as customer
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you try the reset?