Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a w/ 235 hrs.purchased new in 2004.always serviced.

Customer Question

have a scag w/ 235 hrs.purchased new in 2004.always serviced. has Kawasaki 19HP FH601v that just started leaking oil on rear getting bottom fin and horizontal muffler. oil level does not really go down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: could I possibly have overfilled? have not serviced yet this year. should I have a dealer look at it or go ahead and service, keep an eye on it first. I do mulch all my (dusty) leaves with it and it just started late fall. I so far have only cleaned engine and muffler, but not yet serviced nor used yet this year
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/kawasaki-fh601vbs17-stroke-engine-parts-c-30157_30211_31932.html
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Can you look at the diagram above and explain where oil is showing? The sump gasket can leak, or either of the valve covers and the crankshaft seals are all common leaks. Assuming it is not oil filter or drain plug!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you find the leak?