Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have aB&S 18HP OHV Intel Model 31H777 I ran out of gas

Customer Question

I have aB&S 18HP OHV Intel Model 31H777
I ran out of gas and it backfired and blew out the metal valve seat. Replace it,seated the valve, set intake at .004 exhaust at.006 TDS 1/4" down. Starts good sound good, but exhaust pipe and muffler glows red hot fast. Help me out. Please
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello Scott. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. The problem you are describing could be caused by either your carburetor being too lean, or you may have a partially sheared flywheel key. Check your flywheel key first, then you and I can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that didn't work
Been busy my father in law just was flown from here in Oklahoma to Cleveland Ohio for major Hart surgery. I hope I can get back with you later on this. If need to i'll go ahead and rate you
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Scott. Thanks for letting me know. We can definitely wait, and continue at a later date. I truly hope all goes well for your father in law, and your family. You can wait until your engine is running, before leaving a rating.