Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I am having the same issue. As soon as I engage the left handle

Customer Question

I am having the same issue. As soon as I engage the left handle the engine dies. I can see that the gray switch on the lower left below the seat is the trigger to the engine shutting off.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Did you check the switch with ohmmeter? Does it push in and return when pushed? Have you WD40 ed the switch to see if it may be stuck?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I didn't check it with an ohmmeter. Yes the switch moves freely and isn't stuck. I can watch the mechanism release the switch when I pull in the left lever. That's when it dies.
Check the switch on the opposite arm, they work together to complete the circuit!
Did you find the bad switch?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The switch on the right side works fine. When you move the right one first it's supposed to shut down, which is what's happening. Moving the left lever out of the parking brake setting should not shut it down, I should be able to move the left and then the right to the center neutral position.The funny thing is I was having
the same problem a month or so ago and and then it stopped and started working correctly. Then a month later it starting having the issue again after finishing mowing the yard and then parking it in the garage.
The switches have wire that runs between them, if not the switches, then may be a bad connection or a broken wire. Need to check continuity between the switches.