Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My name is ***** ***** and I have a cub cadet z fours and it

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I have a cub cadet z fours and it has no power on the transmission if I let it free spin it works fine but if it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It will, It will berly go forward or backward
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Both sides act up? Only common part is the drive belt from engine to the transmissions. Belt is too loose Is the idler spring in place?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes bough sides acked up I tide up the belt
And if I look at the belt it will slow down a little bit but not a lot
With engine off, can you slip belt on the drive pulleys? If so, it is too loose. Belt may need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I can not move it
?? Belt tight ,but seems to slow down? I wonder if the drive pulley on the engine could be slipping on the crankshaft?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can it be something with the hydro gear the mower has only 200 hour on itI can replac the belt but it's not ez to get to
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't think it's spining the blads are working fine
I would try replacing the belt, it is the common failure item!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will try and will late you know
OK> thanks!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I replaced the belt but it's still not working it has a little more power but it my go 1/2 mile a hour thanks Richard
Still slow on both sides. That makes me ask again, could the drive pulley on the engine be slipping? Just because the pto pulley is working may not mean the top pulley is tight on the shaft.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I was replacing the belt I tray to turn the pully but you have to turn the motor with it it's not lose I also was watching the belt when the motor is runing and it will keep turning and don't slow dawn if you go forward or backward
I'm at a loss. Let me opt out and see if anyone else will reply. Do Not respond to me, or it will lock question.
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. It is very rare for both units to fail at the same time, so this leads me to believe that our problem could be related to low fluid level, or possibly trapped air inside your system.Have you noticed any obvious signs of an oil leak? Did this problem occur suddenly, or gradually, over time?
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
It would be great, if you could get the model numbers for your mower for me. With these numbers, I can pull up a diagram, in order to see your hydraulic system.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the wait but I had to do my taxes yesterday.
Yes it went slower overtime first on 1 side and when I was going up hill there are no visual leaks I just replaced the filters and oil and took the air out
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
No problem. Thanks for the image. What procedure did you use to remove the air? Can you get the model from under your seat for me?