Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

There are two lines coming out of the fuel tank on my John

Customer Question

there are two lines coming out of the fuel tank on my John Deere D100 lawn tractor. I can't find where one of them goes. It looks like a return line, but there is no return output on the carb
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i just told you
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Let's take a look.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/0002/0002018070____________A1.gif
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Larger line is the fuel line, which comes from the suction tube in the tank. The small line is vent line and just vents to atmosphere. Goes nowhere! In California, there would be a carbon canister attached for emission control.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you find your answer? Please ACCEPT to close.