Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications

I have a 3 yr old toro 7.25, 190cc self propelled recycler.

Customer Question

I have a 3 yr old toro 7.25, 190cc self propelled recycler. It 's been running fine. I had put on a new blade, air filter, new plug, changed oil ( yeah you don't have to), and cut the lawn last week and was half way through it today when it gave a loud sharp cracking (back-fire) noise, and stopped. It was different from a regularback-fire.
When I pulled the cord, it gives the same sharp cracking noise, then nothing - there is no turning of the engine.
I cleaned the carbuerator ports, but no change.
What do you think?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My neighbor just told me that he had this happen to his Toro 3 yrs ago. The repair was not worth the cost.I will not repair this mower, and probably not by a Toro again.Please Don't continue with this request. I am not going to pursue repairing this mower.Thanks.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Remove the spark plug and see if the engine turns over ok , you can stick a long screwdriver in the spark plug hole and see if the piston pushes the screwdriver out , if it doesn't at all the connecting rod may have broken
Hi Ken have you made any progress on the toro ?