Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a John Deere LA120 that won't start, battery is fully

Customer Question

I have a John Deere LA120 that won't start, battery is fully charged, lights come on and it clicks when I hit the ignition.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: That's about it, it's been sitting over the winter and I recently took it out. It was having some problems starting so I moved it to my garage to replace the belt and give it a bit of TLC. Now it won't start.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not really, I've checked the fuse - looks fine. I don't see any loose wires and the when I put the battery (only a couple of years old) on the charger it says that it's fully charged.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Clicks starter solenoid when you turn to start? What is battery voltage when key is turned to start? Has to stay above 8 volts! Remove the spark plugs and see if the engine will no crank over. May have fluid on top of a piston.
Did you see my reply? Did you find the problem?