Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

Have a Ferris 1000Z with 23hp Kawasaki engine. It has 500 hrs

Customer Question

Have a Ferris 1000Z with 23hp Kawasaki engine. It has 500 hrs on it. A couple of years back it began to stall out after running for 20-30 minutes. It would restart but immediately stall out again. I took it to a Ferris dealer who
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tuned it up for about $250. It did not fix the problem. Last year I took it to a different Ferris dealer who removed and cleaned both fuel tanks and replaced the llines running from the tanks to the carb. Now (this spring) it has begun doing the same thing all over again. if you let it sit for 30 or 40 minutes after stalling it will start and then run for another 30 minutes and start to stall again. Any ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this Thank you for requesting me what you are describing is a coil for the spark is ove heating and shorting out what I would like you to do , next time this happens see if you have spark at the plug, we need to determined if it is spark or , FuelissueI hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. If it is electrical what is the fix?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi The fix is to replace the coil set the air gap to .010 brass feeler gage Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi Just a follow up with you did my answer help you let me know ,Please Wayne