Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

I can't get my scott 42" riding lawnmower with a kohler 17

Customer Question

I can't get my scott 42" riding lawnmower with a kohler 17 1/2hp engine to keep running
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: engine turns over, spark is good, gas is flowing, but motor just won't keep going, or even start going, but once it does, after much turning over, it is just at say 10% power, its as if the throttle has no say in the matter. oil is good, etc
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this what is the year , and model ,Please did this just happen , or a slow on going thing let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just a sec, I'll go get the info....don't know exact year, easily 5 yrs old, maybe more. It's a 1742 scott, the engine is model CV 4915, Kohler command 17.5, family 2KHX5.4902GB. It did just happen, mower was in storage for last year, I replace battery, it was drain of gas, so I put new gas in it, it started right up, but wouldn't go into full throttle, just kinda idled and coughed. I was able to move it, but at snails pace. I see below that we could talk by phone, I have no problem with that, I'll leave that up to you. tia bobby
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for that I suggest we continue from hereJA charges another $26.00 for me to call you What you have described is a carb issue jet(s) are blocked,2 things to do here, replace the carb or rebuild itdissemble it , boil out in a pot of hot water water 15-20min air dry, then install a rebuild kit Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, I will take your advice, thank you!
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
HI You are welcome Please take the time to rate my answer so I get credit for the questionfollow questions are no Fee
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi Just a follow up with you did my answer help you let me know ,Please Wayne