Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** *****, I have a sthil fs 55 trimmer, it sat

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, I have a sthil fs 55 trimmer, it sat for a couple of seasons with maybe a little bit of fuel in the carb and lines. Now it will crank but it dies when I accelerate.it tried adjusting the L screw, but I'm getting the same results.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I poured the old fuel out and replaced it with trufuel premixed fuel, I can get it started and it seems to idle fine. When I start to give it some gas if I do it slowly I can get to half throttle before it dies, if I try to hammer down on it, it dies instantly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.
Did you try adjusting the H high speed screw? If it still dies, the carburetor and the fule lines need to be checked. Fuel line may be cracked> or the carburetor gummed up
Did you see my reply? Did you get it going.