Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Brand new cub cadet won't crank or start battery is good JA:

Customer Question

Brand new cub cadet won't crank or start battery is good
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Rtz L parked it turned it off and now it won't turn over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Did you get the mower going? Try tightening the battery cables. Do you have a voltmeter to test with? Do you hear fuel solenoid click when you turn key on and off?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a voltmeter the battery is reading 12.7, no sound from selenoid but the power start I can here when I engage it
?? Explain. Do you hear any clicking when key is turned on, or when key is turned to start? What is battery voltage when you turn key to start? Does voltage drop?
Did you get it going?