Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Reading your old posting on the ***** ***** deere sst16

Customer Question

reading your old posting on the ***** ***** deere sst16 both swithes are working, is one actuator for reverse and one for rorward? thanks Tim
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: wont steer going forward r&r filters and checked switches and adjustment . the mower never steered in revese since i bought it but it does now but still dont steer forward
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
One actuator for left and one for right. Not forward and reverse. Check the linkage to be sure it is all free and not bound up, and check each actuator, to be sure it holds vacuum. Check all the vacuum lines for leaks.
Did you find a problem with the vacuum system?