Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My name is ***** *****. I have a riding mower with 50 inch

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a riding mower with 50 inch deck. I have been through 4 belts. I just replaced it again and it looks too loose. How do I tighten it. The first time I changed the belt I had to remove deck to get the belt on. But this time it went on with no real effort.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The last belt was also loose when I put it on. It lasted less than 2 cuttings and came off. When I went to put it back on I could see that about a 5 inch section was chewed on half the belt.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. What brand is your mower? Do you have the model numbers for your mower?