Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

We have a zero turn mower with a kohler engine

Customer Question

hi we have a hustler zero turn mower with a kohler engine with the smart choke. It runs fine for around 10 munutes then it randomly trys to quit. if you let up and stop it will sputter and then sometimes keep running . it seems to get worse the longer it runs. it a brand new mower 2 hours on it. I am the dealer that sold it , trying to fix for our customer. rhanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it acts to me like a car with a stopped up fuel filter but it is new. when it does quit completely and you restart it , it turns over a little longer than usual, and when it starts it runs clean (not loaded up )
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
In the carburetor is an electric fuel solenoid, it has to open the main jet in the carb as soon as the key is turned on. Is it opening as soon as the key is turned on? Has to have 12 volt as as long as the key is on. Is it opening? It can get hot and shutoff the fuel passage.
Did you find the problem?