Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a homelite 26b leaf blower ever since new it has been

Customer Question

i have a homelite 26b leaf blower ever since new it has been very hard to start so i dont use it much. now when i try to start it it only runs a few seconds and dies.i pulled the plug and it was wet. it will start and run but dies
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: yes i have cleaned the plug but it does the same thing. i dont think it is gas rario because our other lawn equipmert runs on nthe same gas
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. How old would you say the gas is in the blower ? , also when did it last run good ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Used it about a month ago
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Same gas is used in weirder and runs pk
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Weed eater runs ok with same gas
Ok . If it's been hard to start for a while it could be the carburetor. If it's starting and running a few seconds and dying it sounds like it could be starving for gas , have you tried priming it to keep it running ?