Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

MY ZERO TURN Z23 MOWER HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE PTO CONTROL HANDLE

Customer Question

MY ZERO TURN Z23 MOWER HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE PTO CONTROL HANDLE ENGANGING ONLY. DISENGAGE IS OK IT SEEMS THA IT IS STUCK IN AN OVER CAMED POSITION WHEN I FOUND THIS PROBLEM I TAPPED ON THE LINKAGE THAT ENTERS THE HYD. PUMP AND IT ENGAGED FREELY BUT WHEN DISENGAGED IT WOULD NOT ENGAGE AGAIN WITHOUT ASSIST IS THER AN ADJUSTMENT THAT COULD BE MADE TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.
There is no adjustment of the lever, It is all fixed length. The valve it moves may be what is binding, I can't find a picture that even shows it! Follow the linkage to the spool and oil the spool to see if it may be dry and binding.
Did you find the binding?