Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a toro Briggs and Stratton lawn mover with easy start

Customer Question

I have a toro Briggs and Stratton lawn mover with easy start (no primer) I have sprayed carb cleaner in carb and it starts and runs for about 3 seconds. Other than that it won't start or run. I bought it in May of last year. I drained gas for winter and refilled with fresh gas ran great in October last time I ran it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Try draining the carburetor float bowl, it may have water in it. Or can you remove it and see if the fuel is filling the bowl?
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_walbro_lms_carb.asp
Similar to this, or is the carburetor mounted on the fuel tank? Model number of the engine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bowl is full and fills quickly. I emptied and cleaned. Will try to start again
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Won't start
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took bowl off and cleaned and replaced. It was stored in garage hard to believe it's a fuel issue and only ran it maybe 4 times last year
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Spark plug and wire look fine. Spark plug seems damp. So does that mean it's an air issue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If you remove the spark plug and ground it to the metal of the engine, does it have good spark when spun with rope? Do you have another spark plug to try? With it starting for a few seconds and dieing, I assumed it was a fuel issue.
Did you find problem?