Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

2010 Husqvarna Z4619 , WILL not run when brake is released

Customer Question

2010 Husqvarna Z4619 , WILL not run when brake is released , cut of when steering levers are moved . Mower would not start by key , so I used screw driver to start it, jumping two red post below seat. That' s when I FOUND mower cuts off when brake is released.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: NO that's it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Not starting with key, and cuts off when you move levers or brake is sign that the start/run circuit is not complete. The circuit, is made up of the seat, and arm switches and the brake switch. Brake seems to be working right, so I would concentrate on the seat switch and harness, and the two neutral switches on the arms. Arm switch would be my thought, there are push button switches and if one is stuck, this happens. Locate the two switches, where the arms contact them when in the neutral/start position and see if they are moving. Some WD40 and working the arms will usually free them up. Switches will be mounted on the frame.
Did you find the problem?