Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 83 G1 cart in which I have replaced the ,

Customer Question

I have a 83 G1 cart in which I have replaced the carburetor, coil, air filter, fuel pump, and discontinued using the auto oil injector. Now mixing fuel and oil. The cart starts up and runs great for about 100 yards and then slows to a crawl for a few yards and then the engine seems to surge to full power and takes off running for several more yards and then repeats. At times I can smell something burning? Your reply would be appreciated. Richard Miles
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
2 cycle , try a test fule line from the fule pump inlet, back into the fule tank filler, bypassing the tank outlet and line to the fule pump. If no change, you can have a restricted muffler. Next test would be to unbolt the exhaust before the muffler and test drive. A two cycle engine has to have exhaust with no restriction or it will not clean the cylinder for the next fuel charge.
Did you try the test line?