Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My Husq. Zero Turn, I believe is called a MZT2454....Has a

Customer Question

My Husq. Zero Turn, I believe is called a MZT2454....Has a 24 hp Kawasaki. Won't start from the ignition. Replaced the Solenoid (had one in stock) But that didn't fix it. The Battery and Starter are both Good. I can Hot wire it to start, but need help diagnosing the problem now. It doesn't appear to be the Parking BRake Switch, or I don't think it would start from hotwire. Right? I have an Idea that the ignition switch may be the problem, but with so many contacts in the plug (7 I think) I am not sure how to test it with multitester. Can you advise me on that?
I'd appreciate your help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
This should be same wiring . Check the switch terminal for start. when key is turned to start.
And the two safety switch terminals, m and g have to be complete before power will go to the switch terminal. It takes the safety circuit to complete the ground for the starter solenoid and power to close it.
I see question still open, did you find problem? Please ACCEPT to close and get me credit.