Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Can you help me ?i have transmission tuff torq 46....the

Customer Question

hello can you help me ?i have transmission tuff torq 46....the problem is that my son was moving the tractor without releasing the back wheels ...so every time we try to start the mower tractor the engine shuts off....can i fix it without take apart the transmission?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What is the transmission in? This is electrical problem and not transmission. Need the mower make and , model number. Check the seat switch and the brake switch and their harness .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cub cadet ltx 1042kw
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
It has two circuits, one start circuit, which must be good, and a run circuit m which is not complete. Check the two safety switches I mentioned, seat and brake. And the wires to them. Also be sure the pto is off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it starts but it doesn't drive back or forward
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You said it dies when you try to drive? Like key is turned off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its running but as soon you try to drive it it doesn't go anywhere
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is the top pulley /fan on the transmission turning when the engine is running? Look up under the fender to see it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
https://www.partstree.com/parts/cub-cadet/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/ltx1042kw-13wg93as010-cub-cadet-tractor-18-hp-kawasaki-2013/drive-system-tuff-torq/
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If not, the drive belt is off or broken. See the link above.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Also # ***** is the freewheel link, is it pushed in?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you find the problem?