Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

27 hp briggs surges from idle to top speed JA: I'll do all

Customer Question

27 hp briggs surges from idle to top speed
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Briggs. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: As I said my 27 hp briggs surges surges rpm up and all the time.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Have you ran a cylinder test? Loosen the spark plug wires, and with it idling remove one wire at a time. Engine should continue to run. If engine dies when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing.
Engine can run really well on just one cylinder, but can cause surging and lack of power. If it does have dead cylinder, check the spark, and then check the valves.
Did you find both cylinders to be firing? Please accept to close and get me credit!