Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Name is ***** ***** And I have a TB32ec engine that wont

Customer Question

My Name is ***** ***** And I have a TB32ec engine that wont start, It has no spark, I figure the magnets in the flywheel are dirty of the coil is shot, I couldnt get the clutch cover off, Now I know to take the T-20 torx and go inthe hole in the "noise" to loose it and remove the cove
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well Last year it was getting hard to start, but after it was running and got to temp, it was a pain to get it started, Im figuring the coil was breaking down then, So tyo replace the coil I gotta take of the clutch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
https://www.partstree.com/parts/troy-bilt/trimmers-string-trimmer-brush-cutter/tb32ec-41adz32c766-troy-bilt-string-trimmer/engine-assembly/
Yes, clutch has to come off, just so you can get the outer plastic off. Then the coil is exposed and can be removed and the flywheel magnet cleaned.