Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Hey Wayne my commercial tiger cat won't engage cutter

Customer Question

Hey Wayne my commercial scag tiger cat won't engage cutter deck .it just kicked out won't regret engage
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Mowing cutter clutch kicked out won't regret engage fuses OK ? I assume it's the switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
With switch on, test the voltage at the blade clutch, engine off, key and switch on. You should have battery voltage. No voltage, check the pto relay. If it has voltage, check the pto plug and if all else fails, run jumper wires from battery and see if jumping the connectors at the clutch will engage the magnet on the clutch.