Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an old 3.5 HP coast to coast tiller that needs seal

Customer Question

I have an old 3.5 HP coast to coast tiller that needs seal for the tine shaft.
I cant find the model number but have a picture of the chain cover.
Can you help?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
here is a couple pictures of the unit, disassembled unit and the chain case cover.
Expert:  Glen replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will try and help. A tiller of this age most times your not going to beable to find many parts for them as company's only have to keep parts for 7 years and in some case's much less. M best suggestion for you is to take the seal out and take it to one of your local repair shops and see if they can cross it over to something. We all have after market catalogs and they have seals listed by the sizes. I did look as far back as 1985 and im thinking yours is older then that and on the ones I looked at all the seals were NLA and with out the model number it will be near to imposable to look it up as it could be a MTD, Murray, Noma, and some others and Murray and Noma are impossible to lookup that old as Murray has been sold so online lookup for the old stuff is gone. So I have to say that's about all I can do for you hope this helped a little and have a great week end