Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Honda gx620, seems to flood out. Checked and have

Customer Question

I have a Honda gx620, seems to flood out. Checked and have spark on both cylinders, changed the coils in case one was dropping out at higher rpm. Replaced carburetor, someone said the valves were burnt, replaced the valves. Choke works as it should. It will crank and run smooth at idle or did, now surges some but needs plugs again. When you crank it and go to high rpm, it will get there and then slowly fall off blowing black smoke. It has an electric fuel pump on it, cut the power wire just to ensure that it was flooding the carb. Ran the same. I have also checked and made sure that the flywheel key didn't break and spin the flywheel. At a loss on what else to do.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this What you are describing is carb needle and seatis not shutting the fuel offremove the carb disassemble and boil out in a pot of hot water 10-15 minutesthen install a rebuild kit
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It still does the same thing
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
HI You did that already , that was fast you put the new kit in ??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I work on cars for a living but these little engines give me lots of grief at times. Is there anyway possible that the cam timing could be off? I just used the electric pump to prime it and then ran what it could pick up. It did the exact same thing. You can watch the fuel sputter out on the intake elbow
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I have to say I am stumped also New carb, new coils ,new valves ,new plugs have you performed a Compression test on it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, it is low but it should be enough to run 90psi
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi 90 psi is too low looking for 140-150 Lbs