Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

I have a kawasaki 21hp # ***** motor on my ferris mower.

Customer Question

I have a kawasaki 21hp # ***** motor on my ferris mower. The motor ran fine than we put it away for a week and now i doesnt start without lots of cranking and starting fluid. I have replaced both coils, spark plugs and fuel filter and fuel lines. Same as before I replaced the parts. Once the mower starts it runs fine without any hesitation or sputtering at all throttle settings or loading(deep grass, hills,....). Any ideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Ferris mower. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I need to mow and i begin work tomorrow. I work for a power company so I dont know when my shift will be over 7+ days from now.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
HI I'm Wayne I will help you with this What you are describing is jet part plugged in the carbadd 2-3 oz of SeaFoam to gas tank, run it with the choke 1/4 onto suck it thru the carbyou can get it at auto/Hardware parts store I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
HI Just following up with you did my answer help you Let me know , please Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wayne, sorry for the delay. I followed your instructions twice with two tanks (11 gallons of gas total)of gas but when I turned the motor off it would not start. I have since disassembled the carb and placed it in an ultrasonic sink overnight to give it a good cleaning. But to my dismay there is no rebuild kit available and I have to purchase each o-ring/gasket/rubber bit individually(high dollar!) $60 later and I may have the parts in by Friday. I will keep you posted and let you know the results of this quandry. Thanks for your help, I may need advice getting this thing back together! Tom
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
OKLet me know