spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect

I have a LX277AWS Lawn Tractor. The circuit board had a meltdown.

Customer Question

I have a LX277AWS Lawn Tractor. The circuit board had a meltdown. No fuses were burnt, the two capacitors on the circuit board have started to melt and one diode got hot. Any suggestions on what may have caused this, where to start looking for the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for long delay,Any time you get that much heat it's either a shorted board, (which you already replaced) or low voltage going to board.Low voltage causes high amp draw which causes heat.Check all power and grounds for proper voltage going to board and resistance (under 5 ohms)of all power and ground wiring.Also make sure to load test battery and cables,check any fuse holders and eyelet connections for corrosion, if you don't have a load tester almost all auto parts will test battery for free if you bring them the battery.Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.Thanksspanky