Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My club cadet bc280 trimmer/brush cutter wont start. 1st time

Customer Question

my club cadet bc280 trimmer/brush cutter wont start. 1st time started great, second was a bit more effort. but started - ran a less than turning speed and quit. using that fancy 50:1 premix $6.00 a quart fuel.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
First move, replace the spark plug. And if it does not start, remove the spark plug and put a bit of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, and re-install the spark plug and try it again. If it starts, we know it is not getting fuel. Does primer bulb seem to be working? Any bubbles in the primer after a few seconds of pumping?