Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Toro Rear Engine Rider. It's an 8-25 Wheelhorse.

Customer Question

I have a Toro Rear Engine Rider. It's an 8-25 Wheelhorse. It is no longer made/sold. I'm having trouble with the blade belt tension. The belt is in good shape. Its not worn but it's so lose that the blade tends to rev up and down inconsistently and sometimes it doesn't turn at all. If I pull the Engagement lever higher than its normal engage position, I think the tension is slightly tighter and grabs better. The belt is just too lose. How can I tighten the blade belt?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
Belt shows to be 1/2 X 51 inches. All I see for adjustment is to move the deck forward. But all I have to go by is the parts list. Belt part # *****