Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

HAVE A EW 171 HONDA GENERATOR. RUNS VERY SHORT TIME AND

Customer Question

HAVE A EW 171 HONDA GENERATOR. RUNS FOR A VERY SHORT TIME AND THEN SHUTS DOWN. HAVE TESTED LOW OIL SENSOR AND IT WORKS. WONT START RIGHT AWAY BUT IF I WAIT A FEW MINUTES IT WILL START AGAIN FOR A FEW SECONDS
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: CARB AND GAS IF FINE I SEEM TO BE LOOSING SPARK
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
What is the serial number of the genset?Please define "runs for a very short time". Is it 10 seconds? 5 minutes? 1 hour? While it is running, does it run smoothly, or does it surge? Does it start to surge, or surge worse, right before it shuts down? Does it just shut off like someone turned it off?