Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

How do you remove the housing so that you can replace the housing

Customer Question

How do you remove the housing so that you can replace the housing with a easy wind ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying replace the housing with a bump & go
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Make and model? Trimmer? There will be some means of holding the upper housing, either with a rod or screwdriver in a hole, or a pin that pushed down to catch a groove in the upper section to hold shaft, so the bottom nut can be removed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Troy-built TB525 EC
Just above the head is a sleeve, may be hidden by the guard. Loosen the guard and slip the guard up. At top of the sleeve above the head is a groove, take a screwdriver and feel for a slot as you turn the head. It should have a matting slot , that will hold the shaft while nut is removed.