Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a LTX1042KW Cub Cadet that go forward or backward.

Customer Question

I have a LTX1042KW Cub Cadet that go forward or backward. Belt is good. I have clicked the lever on the back in and out several times, but it still wont move.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The mower is about 2 years old and has 79 hours on it, never had any trouble till now/
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.
will mower roll when you move the release lever in the rear? Indicating the brakes are not locked? Is the top pulley/fan on the transmission turning when the engine is running, viewed from under the fender?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It will roll no matter where the lever is and the pully fan is turning.
https://polr.partstree.com/v1/iplimage.php?ir=YTozOntzOjY6ImxpbmVJZCI7czo5OiJjdWItY2FkZXQiO3M6OToiaW1hZ2VQYXRoIjtzOjIwOiJOelk1TFRBNE56Y3dRbHd3TURBeCI7czo3OiJvcHRpb25zIjthOjE6e3M6NToid2lkdGgiO2k6MTAwMDt9fQ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes
Is the release lever moving the shaft on the transmission? Sounds like it is out of gear, and does not reengage. How did it start , did it quit under use? Or has anything else been done , like flat repair? !