Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 6500 Honda gas generator Es when turn it on to

Customer Question

Hi I have a 6500 Honda gas generator Es when turn it on to 240 to pump out my well,it runs for about 3 minutes and then the 240 kicks out I then let it sit for about 2-3 mins and it works again for another two or three mins.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When will I get an answer?
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. What exactly do you mean by "the 240 kicks out"? The breaker trips? The unit just quits producing power? When it "kicks out", do you shut it off to let it cool down, or do you leave it running and it just "kicks in"? Have you tested the voltage during a "kick out" phase?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I never said that the breaker trips,the generator just quits putting out 240.the generator is still running but there is no power to the 240 plug, as I send I have replace the breaker switch no can in the performance of the generator
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
No, you didn't say the breaker trips. You said the "240 kicks out". This can mean a lot of different things to different people. Have you actually used a meter to test the voltage while the "240 is kicked out"? Depending on what the reading is, can mean several different things.