Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My trim push mower was turned completely over and now is almost

Customer Question

my trim push mower was turned completely over and now is almost impossible to start
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.
Hello Bernie. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Were you having this problem before your mower was turned over?
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.
Check your air filter to see if it is saturated with oil. Also, remove your spark, then pull your rope, to see if excess oil, inside your combustion chamber will spew out of your spark plug hole. We can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No excess oil either location. Mower will eventually start but runs roughly and the speed pulses slow to fast.
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.
Thank for your reply. Sorry for the delay. The reason for your engine pulsing, is likely due to your carburetor starving for fuel. If there was some sediments in your fuel bowl, there is a possibility, that after you turned your mower over, the sediments loosened, and partially clogged the main jet inside your carburetor.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there any way to test this conclusion without dismantling the carburetor?
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.
You can spray a small burst of carburetor cleaner directly into your carburetor, to see if the pulsing momentarily goes away. Or you can remove your fuel bowl, to check for sediments. This can be done without removing your carburetor from your engine.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Out of time for today going out with friends tonight can I pick this up next week? Can I find you?
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.
No problem. I will get an alert next week, to let me know you are back with me.
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.
Bernie, have a great evening!