Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I am switching a motor from a 17 hp Kawasaki to a 27 hp Briggs

Customer Question

I am switching a motor from a 17 hp Kawasaki to a 27 hp Briggs and Stratton I need to know how to wire it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Briggs. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: well the motor ran good on the other mower the wiring connections are different and I don't know how to make the change.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no that's about it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Best to determine each wires source on the old Kawasaki, label the wires, charging wire, battery wire, fule solenoid wire, start wire. The do same with the Briggs, it will have wire from voltage regulator that would mate with the battery wire, wire on the fuel solenoid at carburetor, and start wire or battery cable. Where is the confusion? Here is link for Briggs wiring manual, but it may or may not help!