Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 4.5 hp 125 mL Briggs & Stratton engine that has never

Customer Question

I have a 4.5 hp 125 mL Briggs & Stratton engine that has never been use is. It is a 2004 model it will fire up when you put quick start on the filter but it will not continue to run I don't Think is getting into get any gas
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
Is there a fuel shutoff ? What is this ? Model number? Push mower? Remove the spark plug and put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is a 450 series engine the serial number is ***** put the gasoline in the cylinder block and a crank but will not stay running
The numbers do not identify the engine or the mower. Can yo remove the gas hose at the carburetor and see if there is gas coming from the tank? If not, look for a fuel shut off.