Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I hit a root with my mower. now it cuts as if the deck is on

Customer Question

I hit a root with my mower. now it cuts as if the deck is on its lowest spot. What do I look for to fix?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The deck still raises and lowers but cutting as though it is on lowest setting. it is a troy bilt tiding tractor model #13CC26JD011
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, there is a good chance the blade is bent. If you are lucky the crankshaft is not bent too. Remove the spark plug and the air filter, tie the stop handle and tilt the mower on its side so you can look at the blade. Have someone pull the rope once or twice while you watch the blade bolt as it spins. If the bolt wobbles the crank is bent also.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is a riding mower. No rope to pull
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.
One of the blades could be bent nd it is possible to damage the spindle What is the make and model?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model number is ***** my original question. It is a troy bilt
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.
That is the make. Look for the sticker under the seat.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The model # ***** in my original question. Never mind you obviously do not pay attention to what you read. I told you it was a riding tractor and you gave me advice on a push mower. I told you where I sent the model number. I am not satisfied and do not charge my card. Have a good day.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.
You original question isn't listed here. Did you post a second question?