Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Cox. I have a

Customer Question

***** ***** Cox. I have a Cub Cadet RZT Series Tractor (Zero Turn). Recently my positive cable to the battery started to smoke. It burned most of the insulation. I disconnected it immediately. Replacing it is not going to be as easy as I anticipated. I see that a normal set of battery cables will not work because there is a fuse relay attached as well. I would prefer to make this replacement myself vs paying the dealership several hundred dollars.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, I when I took the burned cable off the positive terminal of the battery a nut fell out (current location of that nut is unknown) so I need to do the following: Replace the positive battery cable
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
?? Ok , so you want to do what? Take the fused wire and cut it off the old cable and if it is log enough , attach it to the battery terminal with an attached eye on the nde of the wire, It does not need to be part of the cable, just on the same post, or it can go on the starter solenoids terminal, where the same cable attaches on opposite end,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry Curtis - Not your fault at all, but I filed a complaint with PayPal because I was sent immediately to an Up Sell site and was given the options of paying more for faster assistance or a monthly subscription. I was not expecting this. I have an adult son who can help me with this (without paying for a $29 per month subscription). Again, not any of this is your fault or doing. Have a great day. Steve
Yes, I work from home and I hate this upsale %%&, just makes our job harder!