Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Model MDKBP... what are the correct connections on the transformer to

Customer Question

Model MDKBP... what are the correct connections on the transformer to go from 120V (as original) to 120V/240V (new requirement)? I have the circuit diagram (Installation manual, A2), but the new T1, T2, T3, and T4 connections are a mystery to me.
Thanks.
Keith
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. What is the full model number of the genset, exactly as it is written on the data label?Also, is this a single phase rated unit, or a 3-phase rated unit?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Greetings, Hank.Model: MDKPB-5764407Currently wired for 120V, single phase.I have figured out the situation, given the limitations of the wiring diagrams on page A-2 of the Installation Manual. If the four leads from the generator inside the control box are numbered, I will be OK. If not, then I will have to take V measurements to sort them out. I have not taken the connections apart, and the access to the connections is very limited, so I have not been able to see numbering (T1, T2..etc) if it is there. Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hank, I have not heard back from you. Meanwhile, I figured out the issue, made continuity and voltage measurements, finished the changed wiring correctly, all without your help.I want my money back. If you do not confirm that I will not be charged, I will stop the credit card payment.My experience with this query in particular, and "just answer" in general, has been very bad indeed. The more unhappy I become, the more I will pass on my opinion.Bye.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, but I am a human being - not a computer. I can not be online 24/7, waiting for customer who may or may not respond.I work 2 jobs, and help on Just Answer in the evenings. I have put you in for a refund.