Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

Two questions please. I have a Kohler with an XT7 engine. 1.

Customer Question

Two questions please. I have a Kohler with an XT7 engine.
1. Where is the fuel filter? I have looked all over the unit and cannot find one.
2. I have fresh gas, fresh oil, a new spark plug - but when I try to start, it fires up then dies immediately then won't turn over until I let it sit a while. It ran excellent last season, then one day it started doing this. It's a good mower.
Thank you.
Rick Lane
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm WayneI will help you with this if you do not see a external filter it is in the tankthey normally don't clogyour issue you are describing is the needle valve is stuck or jets are clogged , add 2-3 oz of sea Foam to the tankrun on 1/2 choke to pull it thruget at auto.hardware store I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne