Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I went to start mower battery was dead. Unhooked battery charged

Customer Question

I went to start mower battery was dead. Unhooked battery charged it and when I went to hook battery back up engine cranks while hooking thermals up
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
https://www.partstree.com/parts/snapper/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/spx2042-2691020-snapper-42-lawn-tractor-20-hp-spx-150-series/electrical-group/6 Apr 2016, 6:08 PMMe#100 is the starter solenoid, unplug the small terminals on it, then touch battery cables, if engien still spins , the solenoid is stuck and needs to be replaced. If you tap on it, it may free up, But I would change it. If it does NOT spin, the keyswitch is sending start signal, and it should be replaced.