Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a club car 1550se XRT with a kawasaki 7KAXS engine. having

Customer Question

have a club car 1550se XRT with a kawasaki 7KAXS engine. having charging issues. replaced voltage regulator but still not charging. also replaced stator. need wiring diagram
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
Do you have a voltmeter to test stater and regulator? Were the magnets in the flywheel tight and not broken? With voltmeter on AC volts, meter lead to each lead of the stator, unplugged from regulator. Has to be 28 volts AC or more. If it is , stator and flywheel are good. Plug stator back to regulator, and test the output of the regulator. Meter on DC volts, black to ground, red to regulator output. Should read battery voltage before starting engine, as it should be going to the battery posiitve . Crank engine and output should go to 14 volts Dc. If there was no battery voltage at the output terminal, the wire is not hooked to the battery posiitve to charge the battery! Give me the engine model number instead of the family number and I can find you a basic engine diagram. Model will be similar to FH561-01AB
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
675N4CD 6752CA DATE OF MFG. 1107 JUST GIVING INFO ON ENGINE COVER. NOT SEEING ANYTHING SIMILAR TO YOUR EXAMPLE.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WELL FELL LIKE AN IDIOT. BAD BATTERY.. HAS A NEW ONE BUT REPLACED IT ANYWAY AND CHARGING AGAIN. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. IF YOU COME ACROSS A WIRING DIAGRAM THAT WOULD BE HANDY FOR THE FUTURE
Good job! As long as it repaired, it is a success ,just consider it a learning experience. Page 6.2 and 6.3 shows the wiring for the Kawaski unit. See the link to parts manual below.
http://bennettgolfcars.ca/upfile/manufile/20121116085617.pdf
Please accept to close and get me credit! Thanks,