Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Troy-Bilt TB625 EC trimmer. I need to replace the

Customer Question

I have a Troy-Bilt TB625 EC trimmer. I need to replace the head on the trimmer but can't figure out how to get the old one off this is a2013 trimmer from Lowes.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Replacing the complete head that holds the string. The new head looks like it just screws on but can't get old head off
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it, thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, at the very bottom of the gear box there is a little slot(probably filled with grass) that you can insert a thin blade screwdriver to hold the nut and have someone loosen the head. It's a lousy set up.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Here is a video link of a guy removing his.