Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

Hank, I have a 15000 watt generac ultra source, engine id

Customer Question

Hi Hank, I have a 15000 watt generac ultra source, engine id is OE6221. I have no spark unless I disconnect the kill wires. I Can get it running but have no electric throttle and the generator is not putting out anything, It kicks in every once in a while and everything works except the kill switch, but not often. Are all of these problems related?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. That's all I know about it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why am I not getting a response after I paid for my question? It's been 24 hours now and I will take a different route if no one has an answer for me as I need to get this generator running. Thanks.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.
There are a few things that this can be. What are the model and serial numbers?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
S/N(###) ###-####OE6221 1st 01144
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.
I have no idea what those numbers are, but they do not come up in the system at all.I will opt out.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do you mean you will opt out? I looked at a forum with you and another guy with the exact same problem and he gave you the same numbers. instead of "opting" out why don't we figure out what might be wrong with s/n as its f**king hard to see because it's a generator and hasn't spent it's life inside. Why don't we try s/n(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If someone tells me what other info I can provide to make this easier I will.