Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a zero turn Ariens ezr1440 and when I start it, it runs

Customer Question

I have a zero turn Ariens ezr1440 and when I start it, it runs a little rough. Then when I try to move it it stalls. it also stall when I e.ngage the blades
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: it runs best at lower rpms Thats about all I know
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
What engine do you have?
14 hp Briggs? Does it stall, or does it act like key is turned off?
When did it last run right?
Have you drained the carburetor bowl?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not drained the bowl. It has a 14 Briggs. Last fall was the last time it ran good. It act like I turned the key off. The safety switch on the seat isn't working.
Seats witch can be important, if it is a two wire switch, tie the two wires together and try it. If it is a three or four wire switch, it needs to be repaired, and can't be bypassed.