Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a Mcullough 3 hp. ms1630 that I think the sprocket that

Customer Question

have a Mcullough 3 hp. ms1630 that I think the sprocket that turns the chain I wore out some times will turn and some times not, but if does when you try to cut it just quits, think the sprocket drops down out of contact with the chain.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Does the motor die when the chain makes contact with anything or the chain just stop ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
both
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the sprocket seemes to drop down away from chain.
Can you grab the sprocket and it move up and down when not running ? , it sounds like the clutch could be shot
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes I can, if clutch do you people have part and cost, and how do I replace and how hard to replace?
Just answer doesn't provide parts but I can help you find and order it as well as find out how hard it is to change . Do you have the model number on the saw?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MS 1630 6097-210201
I have found the manual , looking for a parts breakdown . My concern is being s electric saw it's clutch may be different
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So, what do I do? I identified it as an electric chainsaw from get go. I'm sure a manual for any saw other than a 3.0 hp model no.,. MS 1630 - 6097-210201 would be no help.
The manual is for your saw. I'm just looking for a parts breakdown to see the clutch etc .
This is the manual , but there's no parts breakdown http://www.manualslib.com/manual/100616/Mcculloch-Ms1425-Ms1630-Ms1640-Ms1645.html?page=3#manual
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It appears, that you will not be able to help me, I have given you all the information I can.
I can opt out and see if someone else has a exploited parts diagram while I look for one . John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
try that
Ok ,I found a diagram .https://www.partstree.com/parts/mtd/saws-chainsaw/ms1630-41az630p077-mcculloch-electric-chainsaw-2003-2007/general-assembly/ Part 26 is the sprocket , we need to get to that to see if the sprocket is bad or the motor itself is lose
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't think you can help me. Like to have my money back. Thanks anyway for trying. Phillip
Ok Phillip , you can contact customer service to request a refund . John