Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators

L have a 3.6 kva onan generator ,in my motor home ,,which

Customer Question

Hi l have a 3.6 kva onan generator ,in my motor home ,,which i am trying to sell ,,the other day when i was trying to sell it ,,all the gen would do was ,start and run for about 10secs ,,pulled off the fuel pipe to the carbie ,,and turned over the motor ,,plenty of fuel came out ,,just wondered if there is a fuel filter in the carbie bowl ,,or could it be something else ..
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 6 months ago.
There is no fuel filter inside the carburetor. The only filter is the one inline just before the fuel pump. It is very possible that you have a restriction in the carb, though. This happens when the genset just sits, and is not used.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So that means that i have to pull the carby apart are rite .my motor home hasnt been used for over 2 yrs since my wife passed away.topull it apart is it very involved
Expert:  Hank F. replied 6 months ago.
After 2 years, I wouldn't even try to clean that carb - just replace it.These carbs are very finicky.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks ..hope i can get a new carbie ,,i live in australia .will contact the onan suppliers if there is one in my state ..many thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok ill say cherio
Expert:  Hank F. replied 6 months ago.
Not a problem.Let me know if you can't locate a carb. Thank you for using Just Answer, and please don't forget to rate my performance.